Wonthaggi Danger and Warnings
As with any town or city, personal security is an important issue to consider when in Wonthaggi, Victoria. Although it is generally considered a safe town, there are still some dangers and warnings that visitors and residents should be aware of.
Dangers and Warnings
- Petty crime can occur, especially in busy areas or at night. Visitors and residents should be aware of their surroundings and take precautions to secure their valuables.
- During the summer months, bushfires can pose a significant risk. Visitors and residents should pay attention to warnings and advice from emergency services.
- Rip currents can occur at local beaches. Visitors should be aware of beach safety, swim between the flags and never swim alone.
Personal Security Tips
- Be aware of your surroundings and avoid walking alone at night.
- Always lock your car and home to prevent theft.
- Keep your valuables out of sight and secure.
- Stay up to date with the latest emergency warnings and advice from the Victorian Government's Emergency Vic website.
- Learn more about staying safe at the beach from the Australian Government's Beachsafe website.
By taking these personal security tips into consideration, visitors and residents of Wonthaggi can have a safe and enjoyable stay in this beautiful town.