Wonthaggi Local Services
Wonthaggi ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Wonthaggi site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Wonthaggi Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Wonthaggi When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Wonthaggi Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Wonthaggi Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Wonthaggi ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Wonthaggi and a Place to Meet
The wonthaggi.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Wonthaggi
Wonthaggi is a town situated in the Bass Coast Shire of Victoria, Australia. It is located at a distance of around 132 kilometers south-east of Melbourne. The town is known for its rich coal mining history that dates back to the early 20th century. Here are some interesting facts about the town:
1. Wonthaggi was established in 1909 when the Victorian Government decided to build a state-owned coal mine to meet the increasing demand for coal in the state.
2. The town was an important source of coal, which was used to power the steam engines that ran trains, trams, and ships across Victoria.
3. The coal mining operations in Wonthaggi continued for almost five decades, but the mine was closed down in 1968 due to economic reasons.
4. The town's former coal mine is now a popular tourist attraction known as the State Coal Mine Historic Reserve. Visitors can explore the mine tunnels and learn about the mining history of the area.
5. Wonthaggi is also home to the Wonthaggi Wind Farm, which comprises 12 turbines and generates enough electricity to power around 10,750 homes.
6. The town has a rich cultural heritage, and visitors can explore several museums and galleries that showcase the art, history, and culture of the area.
7. The Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre hosts a range of cultural events, including concerts, theatrical performances, and art exhibitions.
8. The town's Main Street is lined with several shops, restaurants, and cafes that offer a range of local and international cuisine.
9. Wonthaggi is also home to several parks and reserves, including the Wonthaggi Wetlands, which is a popular spot for bird watching and nature walks.
10. The town is located close to several popular tourist destinations, including Phillip Island, Wilsons Promontory National Park, and the Gippsland Lakes.