Wonthaggi Event Calendar
MovemberWe're making change for men's health in Wonthaggi. Give us a hand.
Wed Nov 1st
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 2
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Wonthaggi event simply Login
Events in and around Wonthaggi
As the seasons change in Wonthaggi, there are plenty of fun and exciting events taking place throughout the year. From cultural festivals to sporting events, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Here are a few events to look out for:
- Wonthaggi Agricultural Show: Held in October, this is a great family-friendly event featuring livestock exhibits, showjumping and equestrian events, rides, food stalls, and much more. Contact: Wonthaggi Agricultural Society at (03) 5672 1971.
- Bass Coast Artists Society Spring Exhibition: This art exhibition showcases the work of local artists and runs for two weeks in September at the Wonthaggi Town Hall. Contact: Bass Coast Artists Society at (03) 5672 1404.
- Tour de Bass: A popular cycling event that takes place in September, with different races for different skill levels. Contact: Tour de Bass at (03) 5662 9100.
- Wonthaggi Australia Day Festival: Celebrate Australia Day with live music, food and drink stalls, kids' activities, a parade, and fireworks. Contact: Bass Coast Shire Council at (03) 5671 2211.
- Inverloch Jazz Festival: Held in February in nearby Inverloch, this is a great event for jazz lovers featuring a lineup of local and international performers. Contact: Inverloch Jazz Festival at (03) 5674 3310.
- Island Whale Festival: This three-day festival in July celebrates the annual migration of humpback and southern right whales to the coast of Phillip Island. Contact: Island Whale Festival at (03) 5951 5289.
- Wonthaggi Community Market: Held on the second Saturday of the month, this community market has a range of stalls selling local produce, crafts, and homewares. Contact: Wonthaggi Community Market at (03) 5672 1333.
- Wonthaggi Wooden Boat Festival: Held in April every two years, this festival celebrates the town's rich maritime history with displays of wooden boats, live music, vintage cars, and food and drink stalls. Contact: Wonthaggi Wooden Boat Festival at (03) 5672 2166.
- Motorcycle Grand Prix: This world-renowned event at Phillip Island Circuit takes place in October and attracts riders and spectators from around the world. Contact: Phillip Island Circuit at (03) 5952 2710.
- Wonthaggi Winter Arts Festival: This two-week festival in August showcases the work of local artists across a range of mediums, including visual art, music, theatre, and film. Contact: Wonthaggi Winter Arts Festival at (03) 5672 2775.
- Bunurong Environment Centre Winter Market: Held in July, this market has a focus on sustainable and eco-friendly products, including local produce, handmade crafts, and ethical fashion. Contact: Bunurong Environment Centre at (03) 5672 4644.
- Bass Coast Challenge: This multisport event in June includes a triathlon, duathlon, and fun run, with options for individuals and teams. Contact: Bass Coast Challenge at (03) 5672 1333.
These are just a few of the many events taking place in and around Wonthaggi throughout the year. For more information on any of these events or to find out what else is happening in the area, contact the Bass Coast Visitor Information Centre at (03) 5672 2666.